Thursday, November 6, 2008

A day in the office...

*ring*
A Baptist Church. This is Chelle, may I help you?
Hi, Chelle. This is Pastor Billy. I am on G.'s doorstep. I know they are here, but I think the TV is too loud for them to hear the doorbell. Could you call them and tell them I'm here?
No problem.
---
*ring*
Hi, this is Chelle from A Baptist Church.
Eh, what?
This is Chelle from A Baptist Church. I was calling to ...
Huh? Who? I don't hear too good. Will you just talk to my wife?
Sure!
Ah, hello?
Could you just answer your door, please?
[Just kidding. I didn't really say that.]
---
Our copier/printer is connected to everyone (in the office)'s computers via a network. It has 5 buttons to the left of a touch screen. (Copier, Document Server, Facsimile, Printer, Scanner)

Hey, can you come take a look at the copier? It's not working; the data in button is flashing but nothing is printing.
(After looking at it for a couple seconds) It just needs paper in the bypass tray.
Wait a minute! How'd you get it to go to that screen?
This button... (The "Printer" button, to the left of the touch screen.)
Okay, well, if you push Job List on here there's nothing; its blank.
Here... if you touch Job List and then touch "Printer" instead of "Copier"
Oh. Well I know music! ...I'm just a bit technologically challenged...
---
Chelle, can I use your computer to proof the powerpoint? I can't find it on Susan's computer.
Sure... go ahead.
(after clicking Start... All Programs... Microsoft Office...) Well don't you have Powerpoint on your computer?
Yes, ma'am... It's the one you've got the mouse on!
---

And to think, I didn't even touch on the conversation about a lady finding a pair of dentures in her purse...

No comments: