Friday, January 9, 2009

So much to be thankful for

I have really been overwhelmed lately with how blessed I am... Here are just a few things that I've really been in awe over (in no particular order...)

—My family loves and supports me and there are so many people who don't have this! It blows my mind, and I truly am thankful ...that my mom comes down to Atlanta to stay with me my first weekend back after Christmas ...that my sister is within a 20 minute drive of me; it is easy to visit her ...that I'll get to see my dad and grandmother this weekend

—I have good friends. Really good friends. Ones who love me, look after me, keep me honest... I also have good friends scattered all over (mainly TN) and we keep in touch--something rare.

—I am dating a great guy. So many people are in damaging relationships, and though at times I have no idea where this relationship will end up, it has changed me, and it helps me grow and teaches me a lot. We have fun together. Last night, we went to a new restaurant... The Cave Tapas Bar & Lounge. A Jazz band was playing live (an every Thursday event) and the food was fantastic. The place had a lot of atmosphere, and we really had a good time.

—I have been safe every time I travel...knock on wood...almost seems to jinx me saying this, but... I hear sirens almost everyday and I see car wrecks several times a week. With as much time as I have spent in a car (10,000s of miles) my guardian angel has definitely been with me!

—I enjoy my job. How cool is that? This was my first week really getting into the new stuff, and I like it. I like (most of) the people I work with ;-) and the people I work with daily-- love them. Many are not so fortunate.

—This is ridiculous... but I LOVE my ipods, my Garmin GPS navigator, my Wii Fit, my Wii, my cell phone, my new purse... Very cool (and useful!) toys. I mean tools. :-)

—I have a very neat apartment. Bug-free thanks to a great pest guy from church! I like the way its decorated, the layout, having people over... I like that my parents are comfortable there and can stay with me when they come to visit. I like that even though its a one-bedroom, there's a good size living room and dining room that when I have 15 or so people over for a Christmas party-- there's enough room! I love that it allows pets! (unlike my knoxville apt.)

—My car is amazing. It runs well, drives great and it is comfortable and reliable. Plus, I think it looks pretty sweet, too. What more could I ask? Oh, it gets great gas mileage, too.

—I'm going skiing next weekend...helping out a Resort Ministry. I LOVE doing this-- it is something that excites me and that I have a passion for, and I love that I am able to participate. I will be back in the Smokies and I cannot wait!

—We have a high school trip and a middle school trip coming up... Both will take me to the mountians. AWESOME! I "work" for and with an amazing youth pastor and youth ministries intern. Those guys love the teenagers, and have SO much to offer them. I love being a part of their ministry.

—The weather is turning a bit, and soon I plan to be hiking a lot of weekends with my sister and Montana. I love being able to hike and spend that time with my sister.

—I'm going to two different doctors Monday (dentist and medical - bleh! haha)... but I am thankful that regardless of what bumps in the road I hit with my health, I am able to see a doctor...

So apparently more than just a few things!! ...I'm happy, content, grateful, and blessed!! Now, if only I can maintain this positive and grateful attitude the next time things don't go exactly as planned! Oh, and did I mention that I get off work at noon on Fridays? Ah, bliss...!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Beautifully said!! Hey....did you get in with my doctor? Love ya!

chellebeth said...

I did! I see her Monday afternoon.