Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tagged. Again.

So, these are on facebook, but I thought I'd post them here, too.

1. Lady Grey tea is my favorite hot tea. It took me a long time to decide on one, but this is it. Black tea with a gentle citrus flavor... it doesn't get better than this. Oh, and I like it with a packet of Splenda.

2. I have never dyed my hair or highlighted it. (Same thing.) DYE has never been in my hair, unless you count Sun-in, and that was only one summer. I've thought many times about doing something different (maybe lowlights?)... but they say once you start it's hard to stop, and it's too expensive for that.

3. I love being in the mountains. I'd live there but I think if I did they would lose some of their appeal. I love hiking and camping. There's something in my heart that just draws me out there.

4. I really like skiing. It is a very expensive hobby, though, which keeps me from getting more into it. It's also seasonal, and I'm not in the best region for a winter hobby.

5. I hate adrenaline rushes. I used to think I loved them, but I really don't. I don't miss that nervous adrenaline before soccer games. I am just fine if I never see another "scary" movie. I don't like "living on the edge" or doing risky things. I only like to try new things that I know I am capable of.

6. I am not afraid of failure, though I will do anything I can to avoid it. I do not fail often. If I set my mind to something, failure is almost never a possible outcome.

7. I want a tattoo, but will probably never get one.

8. I love reading and I love watching movies, but I'm very picky about both. I usually imagine myself as an extra, unmentioned character in them.

9. I have a hard time enjoying my journey sometimes. I get too focused on the destination... I'm working on this. :-)

10. I miss playing the piano. One day I would like to take lessons again to refresh my memory and be able to play again.

11. I love dark chocolate. I prefer it to any other chocolate, any day.

12. I really want a golden retriever puppy. I've been saying I am going to save up money before I get one, so I'm really having to keep myself in check... I am tempted to go buy one and then say I found it on the side of the road so I had to keep it (Yes, I probably would actually do that).

13. Mom bought me a pair of lounge pants from NY&Co. that I think I could wear every day if they didn't get dirty. They are the most comfortable pair of pants I've ever owned... and most days after work I put them on as soon as I get home.

14. Peaches might be my favorite fruit. What I wouldn't give for a fresh, ripe peach right now... Mmmm

15. I really don't like sunny days. My ideal day: overcast, warm mid-60s, cool and dry breeze. The kind of day where you can wear shorts, but need a zip-up hoodie or long sleeve tshirt to be really comfy.

16. I think there should be a mandatory nap time for everyone. Period. End of Story.

17. I really like to eat a variety of foods--- anything from sushi to grilled chicken salad--- but I rarely have a varied diet.

18. I truly believe that love never fails. If it fails, its not love.

19. I love Caribou Coffee. I mean, the coffee is great, but their stores are awesome. They have a mountain lodge feel that beats the artsy Starbucks 100 to 1.

20. I love coffee. Not coffee drinks... Just coffee. With exception to a mountain mocha. best thing since coffee. Ha

21. I think palm trees are fascinating. I love the way they sound when the beachy air blows through them. I love that the background of a palm tree usually is the beach.

22. I want to hike the Appalachian Trail. I used to want to thru-hike it, but I have realized that is just so I could say I've done it more than I actually want to do it. New goal: hike parts of it in each state that it exists. Maybe I will actually do this, too. However, I don't want to do it alone, and I don't want to do it without my dog (the aforementioned puppy I have yet to get).

23. I am blessed beyond measure when it comes to my family. I love them more than they probably know. I'm glad to be close enough to my parents that a day trip is not out of the question, and I'm thrilled that my sister and I live so close-- but also make the effort to see each other and hang out.

24. I don't like lavender things and I don't like vanilla things. HOWEVER, I love Febreze Lavender Vanilla cleaning products. I have the Swiffer stuff, the air freshener stuff, the plug in stuff, the candles, the big bottle of stuff that you have to dilute with water before you use it... Tide has something Lavender Vanilla or Lavender and "Comfort"... Yep, use it, too. Oh, and Yankee Candle recently came out with a Lavender Vanilla line of products: diffuser, wall plug in, car jar, candles, etc. Despite all of the above, it's really not overwhelming to walk into my apartment. You really have to try to smell it because I use it all so sparingly.

25. Everyone says "this was a lot easier than I thought" ... I disagree. It's taken me a couple hours to come up with these. :-) And yes, I was doing other things as well.

No comments: