Here's where Settler's Bay Community Church is currently...
...and where they will be meeting (across the street)!
Pastor Jim spoke on Romans 12 (one of my favorite chapters in the Bible) and about serving where you are gifted to serve. We met several of the members at SBCC, and it was great to be a part of a smaller church again. The service was very different than Noonday's and Buckhead Church's... There was a "children's time" during the service, much like what I grew up with at the Methodist Church. It was a great morning!
After church, we went to lunch at the Windbreak Hotel and Cafe. I had fried Halibut fish & chips. Again, very good... I tried to get the baked halibut before it was pointed out to me that it was only available after 5pm! The restaurant reminded me of one in Kampsville (or near K-ville) in Illinois on the Mississippi River... After lunch, we went back to Jim and Brenda's to change. We hung out by the lake waiting on everyone to get ready, then left for Hatcher Pass.
Nolan, Kelsey and me by Wasilla Lake (Jim's backyard!!)
The team stopped for a photo op near Hatcher Pass.
Camille, me, Mardene, Josh, Kelsey, Pastor Henry, Tara, Nolan, Richard & Carole
(Click the photo to zoom in and read about Hatcher Pass!)

Hatcher Pass was amazing. The drive there was incredible (only slightly more incredible than the fact that I did not get carsick!) and with every curve I continued to be amazed at the beauty of it all. Once we got to the top, we parked at Independence Gold Mine and hopped out... Everyone had their cameras plastered to their faced... taking it all in. I have approximately 173 pictures from Hatcher Pass so I'll share just a few...


Independence Gold Mine

The preserved mining community (perspective from the top of the mine)

Checking out the mountain (and we didn't even have to pay-per-use for the telescope viewer thing!)

Pastor Jim and Pastor Henry at Hatcher Pass
Camille, me, Mardene, Josh, Kelsey, Pastor Henry, Tara, Nolan, Richard & Carole
(Click the photo to zoom in and read about Hatcher Pass!)
Hatcher Pass was amazing. The drive there was incredible (only slightly more incredible than the fact that I did not get carsick!) and with every curve I continued to be amazed at the beauty of it all. Once we got to the top, we parked at Independence Gold Mine and hopped out... Everyone had their cameras plastered to their faced... taking it all in. I have approximately 173 pictures from Hatcher Pass so I'll share just a few...
Richard, Carole, and me
Mardene and me at Hatcher Pass
Independence Gold Mine
The preserved mining community (perspective from the top of the mine)
Checking out the mountain (and we didn't even have to pay-per-use for the telescope viewer thing!)
Pastor Jim and Pastor Henry at Hatcher Pass
"Life began out here in the wilds, not in the city as so many are inclined to believe. So treat this place as if your life depended on it... Because it does."We spent a while at the top exploring and roaming around taking a ton of pictures... and then headed back down the mountain, stopping at scenic views to take more pictures.
Author Unknown
Found in a old mining cabin in Archangel Valley, Hatcher Pass.
Pastor Henry and me by the Little Su River (I think)
Richard & Carole enjoying the river
Mardene & Nolan - all smiles!
Me & My Girls (Kelsey and Camille)
Me :-) My cheeks hurt from smiling so much!
More to come...
2 comments:
Now, I see why you did not want to come home. Beautiful, beautiful--but you have to hang around Georgia for a while longer.
Breathtaking! Love all the pictures! Makes me want to go!
Post a Comment