Thursday, July 23, 2009

Calories, beware...

...We will incinerate you!

Ashley, me, Katie and Ryan

Our Miis: Katie, Laura (sleeping), Me, Ryan and Ashley



It was Wednesday night. After a veggie quesadilla and water with lime for dinner, I took on the hula hoop with high hopes of total domination. Hopes shattered, I still couldn't beat the 318 Ryan set and Ashley tied to take the crown.


But, no big deal--I still had the soccer-heading high score. I decided I'd play a little soccer to boost my confidence again. Maybe I was nervous, maybe I was over-confident, but I did not do so hot my first time... The extra 3 sets of eyes watching my every move, my every hit and my every miss made it kind of hard!! At some point the nerves turned to motivation, and I shattered my 454 high score with a whopping 500 points! That means I only missed one soccer ball out of 80! For those of you less familiar with Wii Fit, in this soccer activity, it is not just a matter of making contact with the soccer balls, it is also a matter of avoiding the soccer cleats and the panda bear heads that fly at you. If you think it sounds easy, by all means please join me for a game. *Wink, wink!* I didn't think I could beat my 500 pts, but decided to try for perfection... Yep, hitting every single ball and missing every single cleat and panda head... I did manage to make it to 500 again, but still missed the Perfect Score.

Taking a break from the intense competition, we moved on to some more relaxing activities--you know, like tightrope walking, slaloming, ski jumping...

Katie's perfect form.

Ashley's failed takeoff. Although, in her defense, she still got 2 stars for her 1 successful jump. That is pretty impressive!!

Ryan slaloming.


About this point in the evening, we were all ready for dessert... so we consumed my current favorite easy dessert: Birthday Cake ice cream with Oreos. Mmmm... 3 Oreos with 1 cup of ice cream... yep, only about 1,000 calories! Good thing the Wii Fit Board has deemed us all "Calorie Incinerators" due to our athleticism and domination of the aerobic events. Um, especially since I know Katie and Ashley each had 4 Oreos. Not that we were counting. We all tried the "Super Hula Hoop" activity before dessert... I set the record, which I think Ryan, then Ashley, then Katie all beat. Well, that just couldn't be, so I was the brave one who decided to attempt the Super Hula Hoop after the ice cream. Whoa. Ryan skimped on the ice cream-- he didn't have any! But not willing to consume less calories, I think he downed a couple glasses of milk and 9 Oreos. (We weren't counting.)

Even after ice cream and Oreos, I blew my first score out of the water... 866 spins! That is what I'm talking about! Not to be out-done, and all feeling a little guilty about the calories we consumed for dessert, everyone did Super Hula again. You can see all our results below... :-)


Yep, that's right. I got the record, and I kept it. After ice cream.
Woo hoo!


We played a few more games before calling it a night...we had only been at this oh, about 4 hours. Eight AM came all too early this morning. When everyone was up and Katie was showering, Ryan challenged me to a game of Mario Kart. My first thought was along the lines of ... Sure! Wait a minute. Why does he not want to try to beat my records on Wii Fit? Seriously, he was a bit obsessive about beating my records last night (it's just a game, I don't know why people get so involved...haha). I decided to call his bluff, and asked him. He casually said he should "weigh in" and then we could play Mario Kart. Uh huh... You're not fooling me for a minute!

"Ryan, have you been playing the Wii already this morning?"
"Um, just a little... "
"Did you beat my high score?"
"Um, maybe a little... HA! HA! HA!"

He got a stinkin' PERFECT SCORE on the soccer heading game. WHAT! No way... Needless to say, I could not go to work without redeeming myself. I could not believe he had gotten up early to beat me. How ridiculous... ... ...

Yeah, that's right.

You know, I really think the Wii Fit Board needs to have a disclaimer on it...
Caution: Will incinerate calories at the expense of maturity level.

No comments: