I have fallen in love... Last weekend I heard a song that struck a chord in my heart. It didn't take too long to track it down and I bought it on iTunes. I could listen to it over and over, but I am trying not to wear it out. Even still, it is quickly becoming the most played song on my iPod... Scratch that. I just checked the play count... 179. Yeah, it has been played even more than my favorite 80s hits...
The song is instrumental with only a piano playing and it is breathtakingly, painfully beautiful.* What do I mean by that? I have no idea really... it is just the only way I can think of to describe it. The melody is so dramatic; it's something that just tugs on my heart and pulls this way and that way. Do I sound crazy, yet? I cannot remember when I've listened to music that has so truly and deeply touched my heart. Songs with lyrics, yeah, those totally draw me in. But the actual music, the melody? Okay, now I'm sure I'm starting to sound a little crazy...
I also can't remember the last time that I wanted to play the piano so bad. Yesterday, for fun, I asked my mom to see if she could find a picture of me from years ago when I took lessons. (It was a long time ago.) Apparently those few pictures are in storage, and really not worth the search or effort to dig them out. So, even though I am failing to post a slightly embarrassing photo of myself... I will share the text-conversation with Mom that went something like this...
The song is instrumental with only a piano playing and it is breathtakingly, painfully beautiful.* What do I mean by that? I have no idea really... it is just the only way I can think of to describe it. The melody is so dramatic; it's something that just tugs on my heart and pulls this way and that way. Do I sound crazy, yet? I cannot remember when I've listened to music that has so truly and deeply touched my heart. Songs with lyrics, yeah, those totally draw me in. But the actual music, the melody? Okay, now I'm sure I'm starting to sound a little crazy...
I also can't remember the last time that I wanted to play the piano so bad. Yesterday, for fun, I asked my mom to see if she could find a picture of me from years ago when I took lessons. (It was a long time ago.) Apparently those few pictures are in storage, and really not worth the search or effort to dig them out. So, even though I am failing to post a slightly embarrassing photo of myself... I will share the text-conversation with Mom that went something like this...
Me: Hey, can you find a picture of me from piano lessons a long time ago and email it to me? Don't go to any effort, not a big deal.
Mom: Is the picture needed now (no) or tomorrow (possibly)?
Me: Tommorrow... but again, if you have to go to any trouble, it's not worth it.
Mom: I will make a small effort.
Me: Ok, thanks!
Mom: Don't know why I'm making any effort. Go sit at a piano and take your picture. :-)
(and then a few seconds later)
Mom: Oh and pull your hair into a single pony tail high on the side and wear your glasses.
Very funny, Mom... And then today...
Me: Any luck on that picture?
Mom: Do you have a suggestion? There are none in the picture albums. All of the music notebooks are in storage. What is this for?
Me: My blog.
Mom: I haven't found a picture [of you at the piano]. I think recital pictures must have been videos. I am at a loss. As I recall our fondest memories were not during practice times at home.
Does anyone else find this as funny as I do?
3 comments:
I have a feeling that my mother would say the same thing to me about her memories of me practicing, or better yet, making me practice there at the end of my piano taking days. Funny. Definitely not the fondest memories. ;)
Have I overlooked the name of the song that has struck such a chord in your heart?
Next time you go home, you MUST find the picture...I totally want to see it! :)
Post a Comment