These past couple of weeks have been very busy at work, and by the time I get home I have no desire to look at a computer screen long enough to post to my blog. But, I couldn't let this go unmentioned! Since March of 2009, I have been meeting almost weekly with a group of girls from Buckhead Church. We are what the church calls a "community group." We are more than a social group and more than a Bible study, some crazy combination of both. In the past year and a half, the group has added some members, and some have moved on... but the girls pictured below have become some of my best friends.
Everyone has pretty busy lives and schedules, so this past week when I got a couple emails, texts, phone calls, and chats... and discovered that 6/9 of the girls wouldn't be there this week, I wasn't too shocked. Life happens!! Last time I "canceled" our group meeting, Shannon gave me a hard time about it, saying the 4 of us who were going to be there should have gotten dinner or something... So, since Shannon and Kimmy were the only two coming last night, I emailed them to see if they wanted to get dinner. Kimmy had a coupon to a nicer restaurant, and somehow talked me into going there. :-) Kimmy offered to drive and we were going to meet Shannon there. When we got to the restaurant, the host said "they're in the back" and I asked Kimmy who was with Shannon?! We walked back there and I saw all the girls...
"Surprise!" "Hey!" "Happy late birthday!"
 |
No comments:
Post a Comment