Sunday, July 24, 2011

We're doing Big Stuf!

On Monday, three teenagers piled in my car and our caravan carrying 16 more headed south to Daytona Beach for Big Stuf Camp.  It was an awesome week and I really enjoyed the quality time with some of my favorite teenagers!  Andy Stanley spoke at the majority of the sessions. Donald Miller (author, Blue Like Jazz) and Jon Acuff (author/blogger, Stuff Christians Like) each spoke at one, too.  We got to preview the new movie based on the book, Blue Like Jazz.  All are great communicators and I got a lot from their talks-- so did our students!

One of our students connecting with a student in Kenya! As part of the "konnekt" theme, Big Stuf paired each person at camp with a child in Kenya to write letters to all week!

Looking for letters from our Kenyan students!

Daytona Beach

Enjoying the beach!

Enjoying church group time!



Our students with pictures of their Kenyan students!

"You make beautiful things, You make beautiful things out of the dust."

More "konnektions" with students in Kenya!

Ravenn and me after session

Aren't they so cool? (ha ha!)

some of my favorite people! (me, Sam, Shad, Jacob & Sara)


I really enjoyed getting to connect with my students, visit with Jacob and Sara, be challenged and worship freely in each session!  The memories are treasures I'll keep close while in Alaska the next couple years!  So far, I've reached 10% of my support raising goal.  I am so excited to see how the vision for this mission and ministry is catching people's hearts!  Let me know if you would like more information on the ministry, on partnering with me, or if you know of someone who would like to hear more about it!

Photobucket

No comments: