Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lots of walking

Hiking the North Face Trail for a staff meeting.  Amazing.

The last stretch of the trail was in snow!  In October! What?! And, you can see the snow line creeping down on the mountains in the background...

One of the cool things at Alyeska is that if you hike up, you can ride the tram down for free!  That is the Hotel Alyeska at the bottom...

Today I volunteered at the Girdwood Health Fair with the Girdwood Rotary Club.  Rotary organized the fair and was one of the sponsors.  I mainly helped with registration, and got to meet a LOT of people! It was a really great event offering low cost blood tests, free flu shots, mobile mammography unit, free health screenings, and health education.  The fair was 9-1, and after helping tear down, I walked around Girdwood a bit.  Today there were BEAUTIFUL blue skies (that I haven't seen since Tuesday... see what you TN/GA'ians take for granted? ;) haha - I laugh because people here are used to going much longer between blue sky sightings!) ...and anyway, I couldn't help just wondering around a bit, taking it all in.

Busy Downtown Girdwood ;-)

The Post Office.  I have a mailing address now!  Check out the "contact" page!

My favorite picture of the week... Glacier Creek from the foot bridge.  Isn't it gorgeous?

On a random note... Fun meals I've enjoyed this week:
- Moose meat chili
- Reindeer sausage soup
- Gourmet, homemade salmon fish sticks (baked in a tempura and something else breading? Egg free!) 
- Grilled halibut

Photobucket

No comments: