With the temperatures dropping below zero frequently, it is wonderful to have temps above zero at the top of the mountain (a.k.a.
inversion). Based on my limited knowledge, when inversion occurs, there are often clouds hovering below the top of the mountain. Today, was a perfect example.
I went skiing with Kathy and Tara. Kathy and I started out on chair 3, warmed up with a cup of coffee and then headed up top. The cloud cover from the bottom of the mountain stopped us from seeing the top of the mountain, and also blocked all the direct sunlight. As we made our way to the top of the mountain, the tram took us through the clouds and then up above them. Skiing in this was so weird for me! It was so beautiful, to be up above the clouds. On the way down the mountain I decided to take some pictures all along the way: starting out above the clouds, then skiing through the clouds, and then skiing beneath the clouds. I hope you enjoy!
 |
| Tara getting ready to head down Mighty Mite (from the top of 6 down to the upper tram terminal) |
 |
| Kathy and I at the Upper Tram Terminal |
 |
| View from above the clouds |
 |
| skiing through the clouds, able to see above and below, but not through |
 |
| skiing below the clouds |
 |
| below the clouds again... you can see the gorgeous sunset peaking through on the arm |
 |
| above, through, and below... crazy, right? |
No comments:
Post a Comment