Monday, August 20, 2012

Biking the Turnagain Arm

You are missing out if you are not OUT on clear days... Most people who photograph Alaska capture the GORGEOUS days: sunshine, clear and blue skies, and sharply defined mountains. I fear I may have given you all that impression with the pictures I post here, too! Oops. You see, those days are the ones that take your breath away, that are so fun to share.

As I'm writing this, I can't see the mountains across the street because the rain clouds are so low.  I actually like the rain, and the low-laying clouds, but they just aren't my favorite things to photograph... Just remember I am living in a rain forest. With that disclosure, we have had about 3 days this month that have been gorgeous AND that I've had off of work. I took my camera on a bike ride a couple of times, and here's a few pictures I found.  Hope you enjoy!

Along the Turnagain Arm

Alpenglow

more alpenglow

fireweed!

the bike path


Photobucket

No comments: