...was wonderful. I am surrounded by people (and puppies) who love me; all are healthy and well. And, as if that wasn't enough, I was given some great "toys" (ipod touch, wii fit, garmin GPS navigator) and gifts (skiing gear/clothes, fuzzy socks, fun t-shirts, the best tasting box of Nerds I've ever enjoyed for a week)!!
I made it home on the 23rd after going through a package of tissues on the way home. After a couple wonderful welcome home hugs from Mom and Dad, and a "you look terrible" from my sister, I didn't delay in getting to bed. Christmas Eve was pretty mellow; finished up my shopping (I know, what a shocker that I wasn't done already!) and then went to Sam's. His family does a smorgasbord every year on Christmas Eve and I joined them again this year-- always a blast. His parents gave me a ceramic plate "Cookies for Santa" and a Cookie jar that are very fun!
Christmas morning we did the unthinkable. Now, to put this into perspective, you need to understand that for my previous 21 Christmases I can only remember 2 things about the Christmas breakfast... What our family lovingly calls "Breakfast Casserole" and blueberry muffins with the crumblies on top. Every year. Well, after an exhausting day Christmas Eve, and Mom not having her second-in-command help in the kitchen (I was sick, remember?) the casserole did not get prepared. So, shortly after our present opening... we... went... to...
Waffle House.
For breakfast. On Christmas Day. But you know, it wasn't that bad... Especially since I got my breakfast casserole on Friday morning anyway. The only really disappointing thing about it was that it was crowded. Really, who would have thought? Spent lots of time with family on Christmas day, and Sam came over for a bit to celebrate. I brought home my Wii and everyone had a lot of fun playing Mario Kart... from Christmas day through this week... Keep in mind, we range from age 22 to age 90. Most played!
Tomorrow it looks like I'll be returning to Georgia... and I'm really looking forward to this new year. A new job, still a relatively new city, and I am just excited about whatever is in store... the journey, if you will. Hope everyone had just as merry of a Christmas, that you and yours are all healthy and well... and I hope and pray for that in this new year!
2 comments:
I've missed you!! Can't wait till Tuesday!!
Chelle,
I'm so-o-o-o-o glad you are home!
I missed you over Christmas!
See you Sunday,
Mama Judy
Post a Comment