Friday, July 30, 2010

Last Days in Alaska...this trip anyway!



Thursday (my last night in town) Jenn, Scott, & I went into Anchorage so I could do a little souvenir shopping.  It was fun getting to hang out with just them for a while... away from distractions.  After shopping, we went to Moose's Tooth, a pizza place that is a step up from Mellow Mushroom.  Very yummy, in case you were wondering.  One thing that was kind of cool and unique was that they served draft root beer and draft cream soda, also very yummy!  The drive home was gorgeous... I used the pics I took (from the car) to make the picture I posted on words from the wise.  


Love these two...


Friday during the day I made some stops around Girdwood, saying my goodbyes, and went for a long walk to combat the depression hahaha. Chelsea (one of the summer interns who I just LOVED getting to know) and I took Samson on a couple mile walk.  This day I took the pictures that I used to make my banner (the one on the top of my blog). 

Love these mountains...


...and these flowers...


Wildflowers in Alaska are so pretty... I think they like all the sunlight


Love it!


More Beautiful Wildflowers


Chelsea and me


My buddy, Samson



Leaving Alaska this time was really hard.  I feel like a part of my heart lives there now and I can't wait to go and get it, haha!  Being there... I really struggle trying to put it into words, but the best I can come up with is simply that it fits.  Imagine putting a puzzle together upside down, and then finally you get to flip it over and see the picture.  Being in Alaska these two weeks made me feel like that.  I feel at home there and I want to make it my home (for a couple years anyway)!  I know I am going back... though the timing of it all is still up in the air.  I'll keep you all posted. ;-)


The path to Girdwood...

Photobucket

No comments: