Saturday (Aug. 7) was my cousin Kayla's wedding! She and Kevin had been together for like 5 years, and finally (after having to change the date 3 times!) they tied the knot. I am very excited for them! Kayla grew up close to my mom's parents, so every time we visited Illinois I got to hang out with her. We are close in age, too, and usually interested in a lot of the same things. It made for an easy friendship, so when she got engaged and asked me to be a bridesmaid, I was all too happy to be a part of her special day! ;-)
Kayla & Kevin's wedding was unlike any other wedding I've been to. I think there were at least 10 times that someone said, "Well, that's Calhoun County for you!" ... Not a bad thing, just different. :-) For instance, I'm sure you noticed the tux... Kevin is a big hunter, so all the guys were in camo tuxes... I had my doubts, but they really weren't bad... just nontraditional! Kevin's wedding band was the thing that most surprised me. There's a picture down below of it- it is in essence a replica of the foot band that hunters use to mark/identify ducks. The ceremony was in the afternoon at 2, the reception at 4, and though it ended around midnight, I left with my aunt and uncle around 10:15 or so. That was a long time, but I really enjoyed it!! It gave me lots of time to enjoy the day and enjoy my family!
Kayla & me
Kayla with her parents
Mike (Kayla's brother), Kayla, and me
Eva (Mike's wife) and their two boys
Cutting the cake!

The rings
The girls

No comments:
Post a Comment